The last day. I feel around this time is appropriate to reflect and plan ahead for a new year.
Things yet finished, ideas yet conceived. Thus far I think the major thing that will keep me going is my hobby, photography. At the same time as much as I want to share it with the world, I would want to make an income of it. However I would be wary doing event photography or anything interpersonal. Last time I did such a thing, I war met with hostility. So prints would be an unfortunate fate if I would endure.
The hardest part about this will being figuring out how to really start it, I mean seriously starting a small business and hopefully turn a pyrrhic profit. Hopefully marginal to recover any losses. I’ve been trying my best to get it together. I’ve talked to entrepreneurial agencies, did research, asked questions. I’ve yet to reap the fruits of my labour. I am hoping though, eventually sell prints and make a small amount money. No promises though.
Even then, there is so much I still want to do before I grow into old age. I feel I’ve lived half my year in a shadow I’ve capitulated many years ago. I still don’t know how to win over it as an aging adult. While I can still feel my fingers and see fairly clearly without aid:
- Learn to solder. Then repair and build my own devices.
- Rock climb. I can dream but I want to at least do that once.
- Travel once more this year. Might start it as a tradition. Visit outside my comfort zone.
- Take up drone photography or try FPV drone things.
- Try full frame photography. Long shot since cameras are expensive but I’d give it a go to see the difference for myself.
- Try some new places to eat. I’ve tried before, I want to do it more.
- Probably exercise more. I’ve been too relaxed on it but I think I’m coming in late on maintaining a healthier lifestyle. I should’ve started earlier but I didn’t necessarily have the money at the time.
- Go on a battlefield tour in Europe. Ambitious but I could start saving up.
That’s where I stand and where I start. Hopefully you all had a better 2018. For 2019 as much as the world keeps burning, let’s not forget about others and ourselves.
Happy new years!