Okay, maybe the day is just about two weeks there. Although you have to think about how much stuff is out there now for the day. Drugs stores are really packing in the chocolates and heart shaped stuff. To me, it’s kind of sickening to see people profiteering from an emotion of affection. By comparison, it makes Christmas and Easter very saintly in terms of a holiday; no pun intended. I was never really had that feeling Valentine’s Day experience with a special someone, but the idea did cross my mind. I always wanted to spend that day with the lady I’m lucky to love, though I’m a great person. Sounds negative, but the truth is I’m not quite a catch. Now enough of this tangent, Valentine’s Day!
Have you ever wondered how the holiday started? In a jiffy; I can say it involves a priest whose patronage is love, affection and beekeeping, Roman execution of said priest, and likely it was invented for some other purpose besides covering up a Pagan holiday. Besides articles about Valentine’s Day, I read the news and science and stuff. Not a genius, but I find the occasional literary moment is relaxing at times. Astronomy has been one of my interests I guess, if you count looking up at the stars and asking dubious questions with deep, thoughtful answers. Dang it, I’m off on a tangent again.
Well if I had my girlfriend with me, I would have some idea to do on the day. From my experience with women, I think I know a thing or two about Valentine’s Day. If not, then the princess is in another castle (okay, that was a bad Mario reference). So here’s ten things I would do for my lovely lady, in no particular order:
1. Buy her her favourite flower and put them in her favourite vase or vase that would look nice with her stuff.
3. The classic breakfast that’s crap-ly made by me. At least I tried.
4. Cryptic but poetic note on her bedside table with maybe her favourite flower on top.
3. Lunch. Either out or in.
4. Take a year to learn guitar and write a lot of songs and one song for her. If she asks, say it’s a new hobby. Then next February, tell her that I wrote a song about her. Sing it with the guitar. Afterwards tell her, I really took up guitar for her so I could play that song for her. Give up guitar, or keep it if I feel like playing it. Congrats, new hobby earned!
5. Staying in bed and only getting up to eat and for washroom breaks.
6. If my gal loves video games, play video games and eat popcorn with her.
8. Let her hang around with her single ladies. I would feel like a jackass, but if she wants space…-sad face-
9. If all fails, Hallmark.
10. Mix of 1 through 7 or just 2 with 3 or 7 while during the day do 4 and a bit of 5 or 1 while I do 6 or if she’s doing 6. Yeah, I’m quite undecided.
If you are expecting to be single on Valentine’s Day, here’s what I would do in a ten point task list:
1. Video games. Let out some rage.
2. Internet, lots of stuff to do to fill a day.
3. Find all the single people and start a conversation.
4. Solve some of the world’s problems at your desk, then giving up since you can never be able to do them with the limited power you have. At least be proud you actually had a plan to really unite the world.
5. Sleep. Good time to make it up to the maiden of your memories.
6. All your favourite movies, back to back to back. Food? You’re single, your choice!
7. Invite your friends without friends to hang with and just go ahead and do something awesome. Great especially with friends you haven’t seen in awhile but you’ve been in contact time to time.
8. Work on your New Year’s resolution. Unless you didn’t mean it, in that case you should really do it to spite the world.
9. Find out the the cost of your bills for the month and pay that amount. I don’t know what or if companies will allow that, but saves you can stop worrying about it for the next month or so.
10. Comfort someone who’s crying because they’re single on Valentine’s Day. May require +10 charisma and +5 constitution (MMO reference? yes? yes?).
Speaking of February (God, I’m on a tangent again. Someone should stop me.), Chinese New Years, so if you missed New Years (or again if you missed Orthodox New Years). Good time to make it up. No fireworks; but there’s firecrackers, tangerines, and food involved. I’m not too sure what to do but I feel like just eating on both day and maybe shop.
Anyways, next month would be pretty awesome no matter how you place it. For me, I have to really make an effort too. This could be the year my life can do completely good or have another bad year. I hope it’s good, I have to do a lot for it to be good though.
Anyways, have a nice Tuesday! Post in the comments on what you plan on doing next month for Chinese New Years (February 3) and Valentine’s Day (February 14).